- Darcia C. Tudor Member
Email: Darcia C. Tudor ›
Darcia C. Tudor JD, MHP, CWM is an experienced attorney and mediator working with a practice focus on mediation of family law matters and forensic reconciliation therapy. She has served as a Title 4, 11, and 26 Guardian ad Litem appointed by the court in these matters, and as a Parent Coordination, Child Specialist, Re-unification Therapist, and Co-parent Conflict Reduction specialist.
She graduated from the University of Puget Sound Law School in 1981.
She obtained her certification in Family Law Mediation in 1995, completed the King County Dispute Resolution Training in 1997, and began mediating family law cases in 1998.
In 2005, she completed her Master’s in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis on child development, family systems, psychological assessments and resiliency in children post-divorce.
She has served on numerous Legal and Meditation committees. She is currently serving on the Board of the Academy of Professional Family law Mediators is a member of the Kirkland Rotary Club, and a volunteer attorney for Kinship Care representing low-income clients.
Her practice focus at this time is limited to Mediation, Arbitration, Co-Parent Conflict Reduction Strategies, and Reunification Therapy. She will be expanding into discernment therapy in the summer of 2019.
She enjoys helping couples and families explore the possibilities of new beginnings. Well-trained and diverse in her abilities, she brings more than 30 years of legal experience, 20 years as a mediator and 10-plus years as a licensed mental health counselor to the search for solutions that my clients need.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce, Legal Separation, & Parentage Mediation
- Child support Adjustment Mediation
- Parenting Plan Disagreements or Modification Mediation
- Elder Care Family Disputes
- Disagreements in Probated Estates
- Non-Parental Custody Temporary and/or Permanent Placements
- Forensic (Court Ordered) Reconciliation or Co-Parent Therapy
- Arbitration of Family Law Matters
- Discernment Therapy
Honors & Awards
- 10 Best Law Firms, Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2019
- Top 10 Family Law Attorney & Law Firm, Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2018
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Fellow, 2018 & 2019
- Best of Attorney’s in Kirkland, WA, 2015
- Associate Mental Health Counselor Diplomat, 2013
- Distinguished Resident Alumni, Seattle University Law School, 1992
- American Jurisprudence Award, University of Puget Sound, 1981
Publications and Papers
- Tudor, D.C. (2011)
- A child’s developmental stage, temperament, and the level of conflict between the parents, shapes a child focused parenting plan, DRC Newsletter, Kitsap County, 2011
- Tudor, D.C. (2011)
- Tudor, D.C. (2009)
- Mediated Divorce Is Best for Children, Divorce: Opposing Viewpoints.
- Tudor, D. C. (2009)
- Supporting Families Through Divorce: The Roles Mental Health Professionals Play, WAMPT Newsletter, 2009 & Washington Mental Health Association, 2009
- Tudor, D. C. (2007)
- Difficult Divorce Cases from a Parent Evaluator’s Perspective, NBI, 2007
- Tudor, D.C. (2005)
- Mom’s Rules verses Dad’s Rules: Would you rather be right, or happy? Parent Education Group.
- Tudor, D. C. (2003)
- Family Court Rules and Current Child Development Theories, King County Bar Bulletin, 21.6.
- Tudor, D. C. (2002)
- Marital Dissolution Laws Evolve to Insure “Best Interests” of Children. Trial News, 10:18.
- Co-Author (1989 & 1990)
- Office Management Section, Washington Lawyer Practice Manual. Revisions, 1998-1999.
- Member of the Board of Directors, Academy of Professional Family Mediators, 2019
- Member of the Board of Directors, King County Boys and Girls Club of America
- Member of the Board of Visitors, University of Puget Sound Law School
- Member of the Board of Directors, Child Haven
- Member of the Board of Directors, NW Children’s Fund
- Member of the Lakehills Soccer Association Board of Directors