Can we mediate our divorce online? Short answer, Yes!
Because we need to help our communities stay healthy, we find ourselves limited to essential travel. Since COVID-19 shelter in place went into effect, I am working with my clients finishing their mediations using Zoom. I have successfully conducted online negotiations for clients living in different states and countries, using video conferencing cost-effectively and efficiently. Although in-person intervention is more common, I can assure you, video mediation works!
Top 5 Benefits of Online Mediation:
- CONVENIENCE: No need to pack up the car or put on shoes, your mediation will be wherever you’re currently at!
- SAVES TIME: Traffic can be messy and unpredictable, possibly wasting hours of your time! No need to worry about that when there’s nowhere to travel to!
- IMPROVES ATTENDANCE: Video conferencing assures that anyone involved can make it because they can attend anywhere by cell phone, iPad, or computer.
- EFFICIENCY: You can’t forget your records or documents. They are in your home and easily accessible.
- COMFORT: Mediations can be emotionally and physically draining; it helps when you’re in a comfortable environment.
Stay strong, and stay safe, friends!