How do I finalize my divorce or legal separation when the court is closed because of COIV-19

How do I finalize my divorce or legal separation when the court is closed because of COIV-19The Washington Supreme Court has suspended all in-person hearings. However, the court will continue to administer all calendars as scheduled by telephone.

If you are self-represented and want to finalize your case by agreement:

  1. Email your proposed final orders to
  2. Facilitators will work with the Ex Parte Commissioners to approve and sign your documents or give you instructions on what to do next.
  3. If your case involves children, a telephonic hearing will be held by the court to verify the information contained in your agreed orders.
  4. If you cannot email your papers or have other questions, please call 206-477-2781; (Kent cases) or 206-477-2553 “Z (Seattle cases) between 8:30 am and 12:00 noon.

If you have agreed orders with children involved, you need to schedule a telephone appearance. To schedule your presentation:

  1. Submit a request for phone appearances to the exparte department at your local county Superior Court.
  2. Your request for a hearing must include

(1) the case name and number

(2) Your contact information

(3) Your spouse or the other parties contact information ( physical address, telephone number, and email address.

  1. All parties must send electronic copies of their proposed orders and supporting documents via email to to the extent practicable.
  2. The documents must be sent to the court within the timeframes required by our local county court.

If you are confused ad need help, call a legal professional.

For more information:

Family Court.

Family Law Facilliators.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *